Can Ex-Lovers be Friends?: An Answer to Lily's Post
|pic from here|
This is an answer to Lily's Corner blog post: Can Ex-Lovers be Friends?
I was just browsing and do my blog routine - blog hoping/walking, when I run into Lily's blog (swerte mo Lily may blog promotion ka pa!..Peace!). I was pondering if this really happens in real life. Well, my answer is YES!
Honestly, its hard to be friends with your ex-lover specially if the break up cause a great impact or damage in the totality of your personality. Its a case to case basis. A lot of things needs to be considered and I think only those strong people who can be friends with ex-lovers.
It happened to me not only once but many times. The process of becoming friends again does not happen overnight. It takes time to heal the wounds and forget the past. Try to consider these things:
- Make sure that you completely moved on with your failed relationship. This will set you free in case you will see him/her with someone else.
- Make sure that you are ready to be friends with him/her because you really want to and not because you want to win him/her back.
- Building friendship with your ex-lover comes a great responsibility (parang spiderman lang!).
- Do not make friends with your ex-lover the day after your break up. As I've said it doesn't happen overnight. Sometimes it takes years for you to accept the fact that your just friends, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS.
- Be strong enough to accept things. Always remember that all beautiful music comes to an end. Accept things and move on. There are reasons for everything.