10 Reasons Why We Need To Hope
I received this text message from a friend, "Thanks for sharing, by the way." , with that title above. The message gives me hope and believe that there's always a rainbow after the rain (parang kanta lang). According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, HOPE means "to expect with confidence". To expect with confidence means TRUST. Hope originates from Old English hopian; akin to Middle High German hoffen to hope. The word was first known use before 12th century. Anyways, more about the origin of hope, so here's the list why everyone should keep their eyes on hope. I also give some of my inputs with each reasons.
- Whatever happens, God is always in control. God is the creator and the controller of the universe and everything in it, whether animate or inanimate. God controls everything and He can turn nothing into something.
- The best is yet to come. God has prepared the very best blessing for you. If you lose something, it means its not yet the best. It means there is much greater and much better coming ahead of you. Don't dwell too much on what is in you right now, think of what is to come. If you are down or despair, if you lose your job or was fired, it means, there is something greater.
- The story isn't finished yet. In every book, there's always a different chapter, each chapter contains different stories, each story is not always about negative or about being so down or defeat. There is always a beautiful story to tell and it will still be written wonderfully and perfectly for you.
- God has not given up on you, so don't give up on Him. I remember what the Bible tells about this in Hebrew 10:38 -- Now the just shall live by faith: BUT IF ANY MAN DRAW BACK, MY SOUL SHALL HAVE NO PLEASURE IN HIM. Evidently, God will not give up on us even if we fail HIM most of the time, so never never give up on HIM. Giving up on God is not our Right. Giving up on Him will be our greatest downfall.
- There is a purpose in your pain. No one wants pain. As much as possible we do everything to avoid it. But no matter how hard we try we will always get hurt, we will always hurt someone. The Bible reveals that God is not the author of pain-- evil is. His design was to be at peace in relationship with Him. But sin enter the world and with it comes suffering. God didn't leave us alone sometimes human does leave God, thats why we are reminded on item # 4 by not giving up on Him. God didn't leave us alone with your pain, that's why He created miracles for us to rejoice! The joy is not that we are in pain or hurting, but rejoicing in the sense that its not the ending. Maybe the pain that you are experiencing might be the avenue for you to rejoice exceedingly for that beautiful end. Always remember that God sent His only Son (Jesus) to bring us to eternal peace where the pain can no longer touch us.
- You are loved. Your family, friends and most specially God -- loves you! Whether you believe it or not, somebody loves you.
- God is not deaf not to hear your cries. I agree with this statement, but in crying out to God we should also remember that God will not listen if we cherished sin in our hearts (Psalms 68:18). I now understand why we need to ask, seek and pray for forgiveness so that God will listen to us. I believe its a requirement to clean our hearts first from sin so that God can enter into it and will hear our supplication.
- You are not facing this alone. God is with you. God is everywhere. He knows every intention. He knows your heart's desire. In every battle that we encounter God is there. We sometimes feel all alone and we are facing the fight all by ourselves, but try to check your heart, did we really ask God to fight with us? Did we really hold on to our faith that God will deliver us? I remember the story of David and Goliath in the Bible. Imagine how big Goliath compared to David. But God didn't leave David alone. God is with him all the time. God is with us every minute of every single day of our existence. God will fight with us every time we face goliath's in our lives. All we need to do is Trust and Have Faith.
- This is a victorious battle. Claim that we are Victors! We are Conquerors! All we need to do is ask God for the complete battle gear so that when facing goliaths we will be victorious, for no weapon form against us will prosper for the battle is the Lord and believe that He will never fail. So start singing the victory song for the Battle is the Lord.
- Do not fear about tomorrow, for God is already there. God already designed your future. It is already written. Done. Remember that God is the Alpha and the Omega. The Beginning and the End. He is the same Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.
I believe that having this type of spirit, hope will always prevail and that Faith will always be in our hearts. Keep the Faith amigos!